Index ⇒ Games Support ⇒ Dying Light Definitive Edition Coop/LAN issues  Topic is solved

Trouble playing a game? Game not running well? Ask help here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Dying Light Definitive Edition Coop/LAN issues

Postby Ali Akbar » Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:24 pm

:hi: I have been trying to play this game with my friend but it is not working. We both have the GOG and steam versions, all DLC's installed. We set the online options to LAN, used Nemirtingas Galaxy Emulator, restarted windows, used Radmin VPN, but no matter what we did, whenever one of us tries to join the game it says "Unable to join the game, the game you have tried to join is no longer available!" I searched this topic at cs.rin.ru and the internet but didn't get any solid answer. People here were saying how they were using VPN with the GOG version perfectly for coop but I can't seem to get it working. I stayed up all night trying to make LAN/coop work for this game but it does not work! This is what I did:

1st try
1) Extract the game (CSF)
2) Applied Goldberg Emu (normal one)
3) Configured steam.settings folder for DLC's, added steam_appid.txt, generated steam interferences from the original steam_api64
4) Used steamless on the game exe
5) Launched the game, went into matchmaking and both me and my friend tried to join each other (not at the same time)

Result: Unable to join the game, the game you have tried to join is no longer available

2nd try:
2) Applied Goldberg Emu (experimental one)
3) Configured steam.settings folder for DLC's, added steam_appid.txt, generated steam interferences from the original steam_api64
5) Applied Nemirtingas Epic Emulator (configured it, just changed name to match goldberg emu)
6) Launched the game, went into matchmaking and both me and my friend tried to join each other (not at the same time)

Result: Unable to join the game, the game you have tried to join is no longer available

3rd try:
2) Applied Goldberg Emu (experimental one)
3) Configured steam.settings folder for DLC's, added steam_appid.txt, generated steam interferences from the original steam_api64, added disable_lan_only.txt everywhere
5) Applied Nemirtingas Epic Emulator (configured it, just changed name to match goldberg emu)
6) Launched the game, went into matchmaking and both me and my friend tried to join each other (not at the same time)

Result: Unable to join the game, the game you have tried to join is no longer available :x :x :x

At this point I give up, mind you this all is just for the steam version, I first started with trying to make the GOG one work. I spent all night scouring the internet and it turns out many other people are experiencing this issue, have been for years actually. Some suggested it was because of dynamic ip's, some said it was because of NAT type, some said it was because of "out of sync" date and time zone settings in windows, but none of those were my issues. Ip was not a problem because both me and my friend could see each other in the lobby, for most people the issue was that they could not even see each other. I tried all the other claimed fixes but none of them worked. So either the newer game updates broke LAN, or I am screwing up somewhere in the configuration process. Please help me fix this, thanks in advance! :thanks: :)
Ali Akbar

Re: Dying Light Definitive Edition Coop/LAN issues

Postby HB » Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:00 pm

Dying Light was given away free on the Epic Game Store some weeks back. Did you not acquire it then? If so, it would definitely work for online play although I have never tried it with the couple of Epic game accounts I have.

I don't know which online network (Steam, GOG, or Epic) the current version of the game uses, but before Epic opened its online network for free use and crossplay games started moving to that, crossplay titles that were Steam and GOG compatible required Nemirtingas' or a similar Galaxy Emulator because those games use GOG's network not Steam. Your examples above don't cite the use Nemirtingas Galaxy Emulator (and only Nemirtingas Galaxy Emulator emulator) which is what you would have to use for network play on GOG's network NOT a Steam emulator. Using a Steam version of the game won't work because GOG's network uses actual/real Steam app tickets to authenticate Steam users on the GOG network, and even a Steam emulator with networking support like Goldberg's will not generate real app tickets. So, only use the GOG version of the game if you want to play online with such crossplay titles.

With the release of Dying Light on the Epic Game Store, if Dying Light on all three PC platforms has been updated to now use Epic's online network for crossplay, you will need to use that and only Epic for multiplayer then.

The other option would be to use Dying Light's LAN-only networking mode (assuming it has one), and use a VPN or another tunneling method like Cloudflare's WARP to connect to your friend's game. That assumes that LAN-only mode doesn't use any form of online authentication which is not a given since some Steam games still authenticate with Steam in LAN-only mode although a good Steam emulator will usually suffice for this. Your comment above of "People here were saying how they were using VPN with the GOG version perfectly for coop" suggests that this will work with the GOG version of the game, but your three example attempts above are not that method.
HB

The following user would like to thank HB for this post
Ali Akbar

Postby Ali Akbar » Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:35 pm

I apologize, I realized did not specify properly, both me and my friend first installed the latest GOG version (1.49.7) (both our Steam and GOG versions are pirated). We did use Nemirtingas Galaxy/GOG Emulator, but it gave the same "Unable to join the game, the game you have tried to join is no longer available" error with or without the Galaxy Emulator. There was a EOSSDK-Win64-Shipping.dll in the GOG version too so I also tried using Nemirtingas Epic Emulator along with the Galaxy Emulator, but that gave some memory error when launching the game exe. After multiple failed tries to get the GOG LAN COOP to work, I decided to give the Steam version a try. I got the Clean Steam Files from cs.rin.ru (thanks Rui), and the steps/attempts in my main post explain everything I tried to get the Steam version to work, but that to was a failure and disappointment, kept giving the same "Unable to join the game, the game you have tried to join is no longer available" no matter what I did. :x :cry:

Yes, I was using Dying Light's LAN mode all the time, in both the GOG and Steam versions. Just to clarify, I did not attempt crossplay between Steam and GOG versions. I did use Radmin VPN but to no avail, same error message. Whenever I tried to use any online modes other than LAN the game would say "Failed to create online game session". Now one thing I noticed on the web was that the issue for some people was that they could not see their friends in the matchmaking lobby, so they had to mess with their internet driver and ip settings or they had to use a VPN just to appear in the lobby, but I can see my friend, both of us can see each other in the lobby, but whenever we attempt to join, the game shows the loading sign in the bottom right, then the screen goes black for a few moments, then the message "Unable to join the game, the game you have tried to join is no longer available" appears. :x :huh:
Ali Akbar

Solution for Steam Version of the Game

Postby HB » Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:17 pm

Ali Akbar wrote:There was a EOSSDK-Win64-Shipping.dll in the GOG version too

Based upon the presence of that file and what I have now read elsewhere online, it looks like all versions of the game have been updated to use Epic's network for the Internet multiplayer functionality. I do not know if Nemirtingas Epic Emulator actually supports multiplayer functionality though. If not, you may need to use a different method.

I have uploaded a multiplayer-only crack for the current Steam version of Dying Light @ https://krakenfiles.com/view/YHdhVuqHfJ/file.html
It requires the use of the real Steam client not an emulator and also requires an Epic Game Store account to play. The good news is that it connects with legitimately users of the game too.

Just to clarify, I did not attempt crossplay between Steam and GOG versions.

If you are using the Steam version of the game, you are using crossplay because the Steam version of a crossplay game does NOT use the Steam network as Valve doesn't allow Steam's network to be used for crossplay. So, two users of the Steam version of a game will still use GOG or the Epic network for multiplayer to connect to one another. For Dying Light specifically, this is now the Epic network.

whenever we attempt to join, the game shows the loading sign in the bottom right, then the screen goes black for a few moments, then the message "Unable to join the game, the game you have tried to join is no longer available" appears.

That suggests an authentication issue not a connectivity issue. Without trying this game myself, I can't pinpoint the cause though.
Last edited by HB on Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
HB

Ali Akbar

Postby Ali Akbar » Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:53 pm

HB wrote:I have uploaded a multiplayer-only crack for the current Steam version of Dying Light @ https://krakenfiles.com/view/aHTg5QLuck/file.html
It requires the use of the real Steam client not an emulator and also requires an Epic Game Store account to play. The good news is that it connects with legitimately users of the game too.
I tried that too, from online-fix.me, it gives a "Failed to obtain EOS_HPlatform handle". I tried yours too and same error.

HB wrote:If you are using the Steam version of the game, you are using crossplay because the Steam version of a crossplay game does NOT use the Steam network as Valve doesn't allow Steam's network to be used for crossplay. So, two users of the Steam version of a game will still use GOG or the Epic network for multiplayer to connect to one another. For Dying Light specifically, this is now the Epic network.
Did not know that, thank you :)
Ali Akbar

Postby HB » Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:16 am

Ali Akbar wrote:it gives a "Failed to obtain EOS_HPlatform handle".

Your game is not getting access to your Epic games account for some reason. Are you logged into a legitimate Epic games account when trying to play the game using the multiplayer crack I posted above? Make sure your other player does as well. If so, do both players' Epic games accounts have a free game in them? I have not checked with Dying Light, but I believe that use of this Epic games wrapper with other games requires that the Epic games account has the free Hello Neighbor mod kit in it. Add this mod kit to both Epic Game Store accounts and then try again.

Update: Having the Hello Neighbor mod kit in your Epic game Store account is not required to use the multiplayer crack I posted above, but it doesn't hurt to have it since cracks for other Epic store games require it.
Last edited by HB on Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
HB

Ali Akbar

Postby Ali Akbar » Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:55 am

Well, the thing is, and to answer your first question (why I did not get the game when it was free on Epic), it is because both me and my friend do not have an Epic games account, my friend does not even have a steam account. Never needed them. I just got steam to get games that took long or could not be cracked, such as denuvo games (Jurassic World Evolution 2 etc), and to buy games I genuinely enjoyed and replayed multiple times and felt that the devs deserved the money. Usually what happens is I get the game from ElAmigos or cs.rin.ru, or here, then apply the Goldberg Emulator over, configure any ini files as needed and we just play. A game or two gave us problems so I got the multiplayer crack from online fix.me and just replaced their steam_api64 with Goldberg's and so their crack worked without the need for steam in the background (the game was GTFO if I recall correctly).

Back to the game, it gives "Failed to obtain EOS_HPlatform handle" while launching it, I even opened my browser in the background to see if it would work (usually games open the browser and tell you to login etc) but that did not do anything. But if it is possible, we really want to play without having steam or epic in the background, I will try creating a epic account and following your steps in obtaining the demo and mod kit, then will see if the "Failed to obtain EOS_HPlatform handle" goes away, but if it is possible, without any Epic account or Steam running in background.

Even people on official Steam foums of this game have been complaining of this exact issue (can see each other in lobby, when connecting it shows loading sign, then screen goes black, then it says "Unable to join the game, the game you have tried to join is no longer available" and boots the person attempting to join back to singleplayer mode), plus other coop issues.
Ali Akbar

Try My Updated Crack

Postby HB » Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:35 am

my friend does not even have a steam account.

Both you and your friend need Steam accounts to use the multiplayer crack based upon the one from online-fix.me that I posted above. You also need to be running the real Steam client and be logged into those accounts to play the game. The multiplayer crack tells Steam you are playing Spacewar (a free example game that comes with the Steam SDK) instead of Dying Light.

In addition you also both need Epic game store accounts. You do NOT need to have the Epic games launcher running or even installed, and after doing some of my own testing with the Steam version of this game, it does not appear that you need the Hello Neighbor mod kit in your Epic account for this particular game since the EOSAuthHooker64.dll library in the crack is spoofing that you own Dying Light on Steam to the Epic Games network.

Even though I have not finished with my testing, I have put together an updated version of the multiplayer crack, and replaced the link above with it. Use it as I do not believe the current official version of the online-fix.me crack will work due to changes made to the game and/or Epic's network since that crack was released last year for an older version of Dying Light. Dying Light was updated in April of 2023.

without any Epic account or Steam running in background.

To reiterate running Steam while playing the game but not the Epic Games Launcher is required to use this multiplayer crack.
HB

Ali Akbar

Re: Dying Light Definitive Edition Coop/LAN issues  Topic is solved

Postby Ali Akbar » Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:45 am

I FIXED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It took some time, the first time I was up all night, but I have fixed it, or at least that is how it seems, and hopefully it stays that way. Here is what I did, in case anyone else is having this issue, I hope this helps you solve it.

After spending some time reading through Nemirtingas Epic Emulator thread on cs.rin.ru, I noticed one person wrote that in their logs it was written "EOSSDK_Connect::Login{220} - Connecting a Steam account but session ticket buffer was invalid.", to which Nemirtingas replied that the newer emulator version checks for "a kind of valid or at least coherent session ticket". And then I remembered you wrote
HB wrote:That suggests an authentication issue not a connectivity issue. Without trying this game myself, I can't pinpoint the cause though.
and bam, the first piece of the puzzle, a MAJOR piece I might add, without which I would be hitting my head on a wall. I checked my log file and it reported the EXACT same thing.

Now onto the next step, I grabbed CODEX's latest crack from here (thank you AR-81), and copied over CODEX's EOSSDK-Win64-Shipping.dll and the nepice_settings folder, do not copy anything else. Then, in the nepice_settings folder, there should be a file named NemirtingasEpicEmu.json. Open it with a text editor and edit the following values to this:

"appid": "f653266870894ee1acbb5250e3b04bd1"
"enable_overlay": true
"log_level": "trace"
"username": "Must be the same as your Goldberg Emulator Account Name"

For those who do not know your Goldberg account name, it can be found in a text file "account_name.txt" which can be found here C:\Users\%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Goldberg SteamEmu Saves\settings

Now there are 2 values which I believe must be different for each player, the epicid and productuserid. CODEX should have already configured it, but for the other player you must change those values so for example:

Player one (host):

{
"appid": "f653266870894ee1acbb5250e3b04bd1",
"disable_online_networking": false,
"enable_lan": true,
"enable_overlay": true,
"epicid": "bcd30d0684053e292a6118870ab6e92c",
"ice_servers": [],
"language": "en",
"log_level": "trace",
"productuserid": "baa7f63d16aaa469e461f3b7485c3476",
"savepath": "appdata",
"signaling_servers": [],
"unlock_dlcs": true,
}

Player two (the... joinee :lol: ):

{
"appid": "f653266870894ee1acbb5250e3b04bd1",
"disable_online_networking": false,
"enable_lan": true,
"enable_overlay": true,
"epicid": "a11eb91a6880e86e3fd06ea645106148",
"ice_servers": [],
"language": "en",
"log_level": "trace",
"productuserid": "18d8fb65ebf80e4d4281ddbc1c73af12",
"savepath": "appdata",
"signaling_servers": [],
"unlock_dlcs": true,
}

You may use these values for yourself and your coop buddy, just change the username and you should be good to go. I do not know if changing the appid will break anything, but make sure it is the same for both players, for example, the host player's appid is f653266870894ee1acbb5250e3b04bd1, the other player's app id must also be f653266870894ee1acbb5250e3b04bd1 (Nemirtingas please confirm if this is true). But if you do not want to experiment, I suggest you just use the values I provided.

Now, how did I know I made progress, well, you see, When bringing up the Epic Emulator overlay (SHIFT+F3), me and by buddy could see each other's names, before when using the Emulator's latest version, we could not see our names.
Second indicator of progress, whenever I tried to switch the online setting to public, friends only, or basically anything other than LAN, the game would say "Failed to create online session", but now when I switched it to public, the game said "Multiplayer mode enabled: Internet".
So now, when my buddy tried to join me (on Public, in the Slums level, immediately after sleeping in the safehouse, which ends the tutorial), this time the black screen was there was a long time (30 seconds), compared to previously 5 to 8 seconds. Then my buddy got booted out eventually, but there was no Unable to join game message, it only booted my buddy back to solo mode. Now I got excited, but there was still one more thing to be done.

The final piece, Goldberg Steam Emulator, we were using the experimental version because the regular one yielded no results, so we replaced the experimental steam_api64.dll with the non-experimental one, went into steam_settings folder, deleted disable_lan_only.txt, and then launched the game again, my buddy tries to join me (Public, no other setting will work), and voila, I can see my buddy in-game. A moment of silence and joy. Then just to be sure, we both exited the game, relaunched it and my rejoined and it worked again, repeated it once more and it worked again. :D :D :D :mrgreen:

Now I am making detailed steps on how to do this (newbie friendly):

Step 1) Get the latest STEAM version, from cs.rin.ru (get the clean steam files uploaded by Rui)

Step 2) Extract folder (Dying Light ----> steamapps ----> common ----> Dying Light) to your preferred destination. Open the extracted folder and delete the DevTools folder.

Step 3) Get the following things from: steamless by atom0s, Goldberg's Steam Emulator, Nemirtingas Epic Emulator (Epic Online Service emulator) and the crack by CODEX credits to AR-81 for providing the cracks.

Step 4A) Extract steamless to your preferred destination/folder, move DyingLightGame.exe into the same folder as steamless, open Steamless.exe (not the CLI one), click on the 3 dots on the top right, select DyingLightGame.exe, and click unpack, after it is done (it should be within 1 to 3 seconds and/or it should say "Successfully unpacked file!"), close steamless. Then there should be a DyingLightGame.exe.unpacked.exe, move it back to the main game folder, and rename it back to DyingLightGame.exe.

Step 4B) Rename the original steam_api64.dll to steam_api64_o.dll and download Goldberg's Steam Emulator, when you download it you should get this file Goldberg_Lan_Steam_Emu_master--475342f0.zip. Open it and extract it's steam_api64.dll to the game folder. Now create a folder called steam_settings and you must create 3 ini files in it, below are the names of the files and what should be in each one of them:

DLC.txt (copy and paste the text below in this ini file):
302100=Dying Light - Be the Zombie
302101=Dying Light - Cuisine & Cargo
302102=Dying Light - Punk Queen Weapon Pack
302103=Dying Light - Buzz Killer Weapon Pack
325710=Dying Light - Night Club Weapon Pack
325711=Dying Light - The Lacerator Weapon Pack
325712=Dying Light - The Constable Weapon Pack
325713=Dying Light - Wrench Kiss Weapon Pack
325714=Dying Light - Ninja Outfit
325715=Dying Light - Urban Explorer Outfit
325716=Dying Light - Special Agent Outfit
325717=Dying Light - Techland Outfit
325720=Dying Light - Alienware Outfit
325721=Dying Light - Nvidia Outfit
325722=Dying Light - Razer Outfit
325723=Dying Light - The Bozak Horde
325724=Dying Light - The Following (Dying Light: The Following)
335810=Dying Light Season Pass
347090=Dying Light Ultimate Survivor Bundle
412920=Dying Light - Custom Maps
415360=Dying Light: Razer Nabu Outfit
415370=Dying Light - Custom Maps 2
435110=Dying Light: Outfit and Livery 1
435111=Dying Light- Crash Test Skin Pack (Dying Light - Crash Test Skin Bundle)
436080=Dying Light- Harran Ranger Bundle
436081=Dying Light- Gun Psycho Bundle
436082=Dying Light- Volatile Hunter Bundle
436083=Dying Light: CD-Action Anniversary Pack
675860=Dying Light - Harran Military Rifle
731060=SteamDB Unknown App 731060 (Dying Light - Dilbert (731060) Depot)
748340=Dying Light - White Death Bundle
748341=Dying Light - Vintage Gunslinger Bundle
798541=Dying Light 3D Printer Models
798542=Dying Light Collector’s Artbook
798543=Dying Light Wallpaper Pack
1034630=Dying Light Book
1112520=Dying Light - Rais Elite Bundle
1112521=Dying Light - Godfather Bundle
1174580=Dying Light - Harran Inmate Bundle
1174581=Dying Light - Left 4 Dead 2 Weapon Pack
1177880=Dying Light - Retrowave Bundle
1184350=Dying Light - SHU Warrior Bundle
1184351=Dying Light - Chivalry Weapon Pack
1241570=Dying Light - 5th Anniversary Bundle
1272090=Dying Light - Unturned Weapon Pack
1300710=Dying Light - Hellraid
1336220=Dying Light - Hellraid Beta
1354960=Dying Light - Volkan Combat Armor Bundle
1454750=Dying Light - L4D2 Bill & Gnome Chompski Pack (Dying Light – L4D2 Bill and Gnome Chompski Pack)
1468290=Dying Light - Classified Operation Bundle
1498210=Dying Light - Viking: Raider of Harran Bundle
1524890=Dying Light - Ox Warrior Bundle
1543420=Dying Light - Harran Tactical Unit Bundle
1599030=Dying Light - Rust Weapon Pack
1647900=Dying Light - Savvy Gamer Bundle
1702060=Dying Light - Astronaut Bundle
1762700=Dying Light - Van Crane Bundle
1822810=Dying Light - Snow Ops Bundle
1935540=Dying Light - Dieselpunk Bundle

steam_appid.txt (copy and paste the text below in this ini file):

steam_interfaces.txt (copy and paste the text below in this ini file):
SteamClient017
SteamGameServer012
SteamGameServerStats001
SteamUser018
SteamFriends015
SteamUtils007
SteamMatchMaking009
SteamMatchMakingServers002
STEAMUSERSTATS_INTERFACE_VERSION011
STEAMAPPS_INTERFACE_VERSION007
SteamNetworking005
STEAMREMOTESTORAGE_INTERFACE_VERSION013
STEAMSCREENSHOTS_INTERFACE_VERSION002
STEAMHTTP_INTERFACE_VERSION002
STEAMUNIFIEDMESSAGES_INTERFACE_VERSION001
STEAMUGC_INTERFACE_VERSION007
STEAMAPPLIST_INTERFACE_VERSION001
STEAMMUSIC_INTERFACE_VERSION001
STEAMMUSICREMOTE_INTERFACE_VERSION001
STEAMHTMLSURFACE_INTERFACE_VERSION_003
STEAMINVENTORY_INTERFACE_V001
SteamController003
STEAMVIDEO_INTERFACE_V001

After you are done, copy steam_appid.txt and steam_interfaces.txt into the main game folder as well.

Step 4C) There should be a EOSSDK-Win64-Shipping.dll file, rename it or delete it. Download the CODEX crack, open it, and ONLY COPY CODEX's EOSSDK-Win64-Shipping.dll and a folder named nepice_settings to the main game folder. Now seeing what I posted above, you need to configure the NemirtingasEpicEmu.json file inside nepice_settings. (READ THROUGH THE TEXT ABOVE EXPLAINING WHAT YOU AND YOUR COOP BUDDY SHOULD DO IN THIS FILE).

Step 5) Launch the game, configure your video and audio settings if needed, then go to online settings, change the type to Public, anything other than public (LAN, Private, Friends Only) will not work.

Step 6) Coop is unlocked after you beat the "tutorial". The game will let you know when Coop is unlocked. Now you should know how to join the game but if you do not for what ever reason, you must press esc, click on matchmaking, click find game, and when they see you/your host's name in the lobby/list, join it and you should be their session/game within a second or two.

Step 7) Enjoy!

I would like to thank the following people, without whose help and tools none of this would have been possible:[/color]

cs.rin.ru members:
Mr.Goldberg for his steam emulator
Nemirtingas for his/her Epic Online Services and Galaxy (GOG) emulator
Rui for providing the Clean Steam Files for this and hundreds of other games
AR-81 for providing the cracks (and the entire game)
mikou27 for providing the .json file through which I acquired the appid and productuserid
hiro8888 for providing the .json file through which I acquired the other productuserid

legendsworld.net members:
HB for identifying the cause of the issue, which led me towards finding the solution

The problem was Epic Online Services (EOSSDK-Win64-Shipping.dll) which was added on 28 February, 2022 https://steamdb.info/patchnotes/8276136/ . Although I am not sure, I believe that is when LAN coop was screwed/ruined in both Steam and GOG versions. Using CODEX's EOSSDK-Win64-Shipping.dll and my .json config above, I might give the GOG version a try (I started out with the GOG version, and when I failed to get it to work I switched to the Steam version), and if that starts to work to then awesome. I really hope this helps anyone who is experiencing similar coop issues.
Ali Akbar

The following user would like to thank Ali Akbar for this post
Scaryfun

Return to Games Support