Index ⇒ Games Support ⇒ Blood 2: The Nightmare Levels game engine cut-scene problems

Trouble playing a game? Game not running well? Ask help here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Blood 2: The Nightmare Levels game engine cut-scene problems

Postby Soul Reaver » Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:47 pm

This is a really, really weird problem.

After getting Blood 2: The Chosen to work, I decided to try and put in the Nightmare Levels add-on too.

The result was very strange.

Firstly, it made it that the movies from the movie pack don't work right anymore... not even when I set fpsmax to 30, which used to solve the problem.

What's more, all the game-engine cut-scenes have a strange problem: the visuals run just a bit too fast, so the voice acting can't catch up... you end up having people talking in such a way that they cut off someone before they finish talking.

The strangest thing is that this doesn't just happen in the Nightmare Levels... it also happens in the normal Blood 2: The Chosen games as well. This DIDN'T happen before I installed the Nightmare Levels... it only started happening after I installed them.

I can't remember which upload I used to download it, but I found it very strange indeed that this is happening... anyone have any idea what might be causing this? I couldn't find any reference to this problem on the Blood 2 site....
Soul Reaver

Postby loki1985 » Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:29 am

about the movies: when you start the nightmare levels instead of blood 2 standard, there are no movies shown.

about the cutscenes: maybe your machine is too fast? specs?

---loki
loki1985

Postby Soul Reaver » Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:51 am

Well, when I started the Nightmare Levels it still seemed to try to play the Monolith and GT intro movies... before I installed Nightmare Levels, they ran smoothly when I set fps maximum to 30, but afterwards they didn't.

My specs are:
1.8 GHz processor
GeForce 4 4400(I think?) Ti
512 RAM

But I wish to point out: the cut-scenes in normal Blood 2: The Chosen worked without any problems on this same machine... UNTIL I installed the Nightmare Levels. Then they started acting weird like I described too (not just in Nightmare levels, but in normal Blood 2 as well, where they HAD worked fine first). Same with the movies. The normal Blood 2 movies used to work fine... UNTIL I installed the Nightmare Levels. Then they too became un-fixable like described above.
Soul Reaver

Postby capt.ahab » Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:33 am

try enabling vsync (wait for vertical sync) on your videocard. works for me in nolf (same engine).

best regards

capt.ahab
capt.ahab

Postby NE0 » Sat Dec 04, 2004 5:57 pm

Did the rip have a nfo...did u read it well....i think u must do something b4 unpacking this MP...
You've always been your worst enemy...
NE0

Return to Games Support