Index ⇒ General Topics ⇒ KMZPub DL Speed

Thoughts on life, the universe and everything else not covered in other categories.

Moderator: LW Moderator

KMZPub DL Speed

Postby NE0 » Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:05 pm

Just wondering....what't your average download speed on this ftp...i get about 24-25kbs on it...i remembered that this site is slow but now i think is getting better... :?:
You've always been your worst enemy...
NE0

Postby loki1985 » Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:09 pm

for those who haven't already discovered: kmzpub got 2 FTPs: the standard one, and a second one which has not all files but most. the second one is much faster, often over 100 kBps.
on the page, when viewing a games description, there is the link to the FTP and under it is the second ftp... if you get an error msg, just copy the content displayed between the href="...." into your browser location and hit enter.
loki1985

Postby derek- » Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:31 pm

i'm having a download going at this very moment, and it averages about 980 B/s. it's a 62MB file, so it may take a while. but i'm a patient man. and quite polite, too.

i must say i didn't know that, loki1985. your command of the russian language is definitely better than mine. hats off for that.

slow download speeds notwithstanding, kmzpub.ru still ranks amongst my favorite sites as it hosts some particularly hard-to-find oldies. that offsets the slow downloads - but as the server supports resume, i leave it up to my download manager to do the trick, while in the meantime i visit other game sites.

eheh ... force of habit. sorry, folks.
does my status as a super member come with a free supply of bier-und-schnapps ?
derek-

Location: somewhere between heaven and hell. on closer inspection, somewhat closer to hell.

Postby Xeon » Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:43 pm

theres only 3 instances of my download speed at KMZPub its either

1.) 4.9 kb/sec - best case
2.) 2.2 kb/sec - worst case
3.) 530 - Sorry the maximum number of allowed users are already connected (700) - that message comes from my download manager, most probable case :D
Xeon

Postby derek- » Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:54 pm

whaddaya mean, 3 instances ?

restrict yourself to one download at a time - that helps.

i use netpumper as D/L manager, with the result i described above. it's never let me down (ok, i know it contains adware but i kick that every time i start it up).

a word of warning about the christmas tree you are about to mount in the living room ... if you forget to water it every now and then, its needles will fall off. ask for a waterproof tree garantee in the shop when you buy it. either that, or prepare to replace your needles every week or so.
does my status as a super member come with a free supply of bier-und-schnapps ?
derek-

Location: somewhere between heaven and hell. on closer inspection, somewhat closer to hell.

Postby dead-meat » Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:04 pm

a word of warning about the christmas tree you are about to mount in the living room ... if you forget to water it every now and then, its needles will fall off. ask for a waterproof tree garantee in the shop when you buy it. either that, or prepare to replace your needles every week or so.

Yeah.. I can confirm that :lol:
dead-meat

Postby Xeon » Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:11 pm

i only use 1 download instance, i meant to say i get 3 outcomes of it (leaning to number 3).

i use Download Mage (mainly) or NetVampire (HOTU type of downloads). not the best combo but does the job for me, at least i dont have to deal with spyware that most DL manager comes with :evil:
Xeon

Postby NE0 » Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:47 pm

Oh so i used the second one....that explains it ....oh well this is nice for ppl searching hard to get stuff....and about a dl manager here's a tip: FlashGet :)....and if anyone looks for a nice game on KMZ get Ashghan The Dragon Slayer is :cool:
NE0

Postby Xeon » Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:23 pm

i hated it, i wouldve considered keeping it if it did have movies (which it didnt) :cry:
Xeon

Postby NE0 » Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:34 pm

I got it only with the intro ripped :P
NE0

Postby dead-meat » Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:56 pm

And I got the ISO :twisted:
dead-meat

Postby NE0 » Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:54 pm

and i....i...i...i'll download it off my super-mega-secret ftp, iso...ofcourse :D
NE0

Return to General Topics