Index ⇒ 3D Shooter Mods/Addons ⇒ Duke Nukem HI RES Addon/Mod

Let us know any popular mods that should be added to our site or inquiries about those here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Duke Nukem HI RES Addon/Mod

Postby hurenBock » Mon May 29, 2006 3:48 pm

Idiots are just like the weather. You have to live with it.
hurenBock

Postby PCG342 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:42 am

This is awesome, though it requires several hundred [I think around 400] megs of disk space and the load times on each level [the first time] are horrible. Honestly... that's worth it. So, when you get to a new level, sit back and have a soda or something. My only major complaints are that some textures weren't renewed and stick out like a sore thumb, especially in the "Birth" episode. ["Atomic" versions only] In fact... the "Protector" drones [the brown guys the spit shrink rays and have green blood] are almost completely unchanged, save for their blood. On the subject of blood, it's beautifully redone in the HD pack. All of the weapons, as well as their effects, have been modified, with better animations and even better explosions, impacts, etc.
Most of the enemies are well-done and definitely deserve a second look. Also, most of those illegible signs are now remade to say weird [and often suggestive] things.
We'll start the ass-kissing with you
PCG342

Postby PCG342 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:22 pm

After a fair bit of deliberation... I feel I should ask... who would be interested in me upping this on 3DSL? With, of course, Duke 3D already provided.

Is this against any rules? :|
PCG342

Postby Scaryfun » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:09 pm

Is it not freely available on the web already? If you want to up it on your own host, feel free to do so. I can add it to Mod/Addon page.
Scaryfun
3DSL Admin

Postby I_AM » Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:24 pm

might be useful for some people if the only alternate download is FilePlanet (I haven't checked). the official site might also be interested in download mirrors depending on where it'd be hosted.
"Archimedes Elite, regarded by many as the best ever version." - Ian Bell, co-author of Elite
I_AM

Postby PCG342 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:37 pm

That, and I figured it'd be nice to integrate Duke3D into the mod already, 'cause if I remember correctly, it sucks to get it done properly.
PCG342

Return to 3D Shooter Mods/Addons