Index ⇒ 3D Shooter Mods/Addons ⇒ Classic Doom for Doom 3

Let us know any popular mods that should be added to our site or inquiries about those here.

Moderator: LW Moderator

Classic Doom for Doom 3

Postby brutalistu » Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:04 pm

Classic Doom 3 1.1 Final

What is Classic Doom for Doom 3?
Doom 3 is a great update for the original game - it embodies the new way of game design thinking: that games can be cinematic and emotion-invoking experiences. This is a good thing. In fact, the games industry probably needs something like Doom 3 to prove this methodology works, and I really enjoyed playing Doom 3 - it was immersive and brilliantly scary. The graphics were superb and were used to tremendous effect - both for storytelling and underwear-browning. However, there are always those of us with fond memories of 1993 and the original Doom game, and just going around... well kicking ass. When Doom 3 was released, I decided to try my hand at mapping. I had no idea where to start so I figured I do something relatively easy by today's standards - the angular corridors of The Ultimate Doom's E1M1. So I did, and I enjoyed it. I finished the first version of it, and saw with the knowledge I had developed in the process of making it, that it was pretty bad. So I remade it. Scrapped that and remade it again. I developed this version and as I developed it, I changed things about the game and turned it into the basis for a mod. The mod is Classic Doom for Doom 3, and will feature the first episode of The Ultimate Doom. Not sure where we will go from there.

More Info

http://cdoom.d3files.com/

Download and Screenshots:

http://doom3.filefront.com/file/Classic ... dows;66871
brutalistu
Addicted Member

Postby InsaneFury » Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:32 pm

Thak you for the heads up! This one sounds cool! :D

InsaneFury
3DSL Moderator

Return to 3D Shooter Mods/Addons